Main Sutti Rahiyaan ... A Punjabi Sufi Song with Lyrics by Shubha Mudgal


DAILYMOTION: 
I have added mukhuda, Ranjha Ranjha Kardi in the beautiful voice of Bhavya Pandit, a promising playback singer.
Ranjha Ranjhja kardi way main, aape ranjha hoieee
(Recollecting  Ranjha (my love) all the time, I became Ranjha myself )
Ranjha kahoo sahelio, meinu Heer na aakho koieeeee
(My friends call me Ranjha, do not call me Heer)
Meinu Heer na aakho koieeeee
(Do not call me Heer)

                      
                            Main Sutti Rahiyaan, Ranjha Ranjha Kardi ..... by MukhtarSheikh


YOUTUBE:  I have added mukhda from Kelah Kher's TERI DEVANI


(LYRICS with MEANING, Video) This haunting musical arrangements 'Main Sutti Rahiyaan' has an effect of wilderness around it. The charismatic voice of Shubha Mudgal has heightened the sheen of this rustic song. Gaurav Issar's lyrics and captivating composition have typical 'Punjabi-Sufi’ ambiance.
This song can be interpreted both as a spiritual experience (which I think, is escape from the reality) or actual reality of separation from her beloved. I have opted for the real worldly love to describe the misery of separation.

The poetry depicts the feeling of a woman who lost her love:

“While bringing water from the desert, she met and provided water to a thirsty traveler. He gave ride on his camel to her village. She fell into his love. It was an eventful night in the village, a marriage dance and rain after a very long dry spell. She danced all night in joy of infatuation and got tired. She fell asleep and did get up early in the morning. When she got up and found the traveler has already left. In hurry, she broke the pitcher from which she gave water to her Love. She took it a bad omen. She lamented and cursed her for the negligence and ran after him but did not find him”.

LYRICS with MEANINGS
Main sutti raiyaannnnnnnn ........
(I kept sleeping)
Main sutti raiyaan Mian, kyun sutti raiyaan
(I kept sleeping, how I kept sleeping!)
Main pulyari, Main puhl gaiyaan
(I am neglectful, I forgot to get up)

Main sutti raiyaan, Main kyun sutti raiyaan,
(I kept sleeping, how I kept sleeping!)
Amrat veley, Main sutti raiyaan
(I have been sleeping till dawn)

Thandhey Thandhey veley jadoon, lang jandey jogi,
(When the Yogis leave in the cool morning time
Nam guraan da, le jandey jogi
(Those Yogis take away the name of ...?... with them)

Kyun sutti raiyaan Rabba..... Kyun sutti raiyaan Rabba.....
(Why did I keep sleeping O God.... Why did I keep sleeping O God....)
 Kyun sutti raiyaan
(Why did I keep sleeping ....)
Main pulyari, Main puhl gaiyaan
(I am neglectful, I forgot to get up)

Rabbaaa............
O God ...............

Kyun puhl gaiyaan Main, kyun puhl gaiyaan,
(How did I forget, why did I forget)
Amrat veley, Main sutti raiyaan

Sun meray Rabba hun, Main uth paiyaan,
(Now Listen O God, I have got up)
Padh meri ungli teh, Main chal paiyaan
(Hold my finger and I am out to search him)

Kyun sutti raiyaan Rabba.....
(Why I kept sleeping O God......)
Kyun sutti raiyaan Rabba..
(Why I kept sleeping O God......)
Kyun sutti raiyaan ..
(Why I kept sleeping)

Main pulyari, Main puhl gaiyaan,
(I am neglectful, I forgot to get up)
Kyun puhl gaiyaan
Rabbaaa sutti raiyaan

Kyun puhl giyaan Main, kyun sutti raiyaan ,
Amrat veley, Main sutti raiyaan

Rabbaaa............


Shubha Mudgal is a well-known Indian singer of Hindustani classical music Khayal Thumri Dadra and popular Indian Pop music. She has been awarded the 1996 National Film Award for Best Non-Feature Film Music Direction for Amrit Beej. She was born 1n 1959 at Allahabad.

Bhavya Pandit, is now a promising Playback Singer had extremely humble beginnings. She was born in Hissar, Haryana, on Nov. 2nd, 1991.  She sang the song "Aaja Lehraate" for the film What's Your Raashee, alongside singer Shaan. She also went on to sing "Rani Main Tu Raja" from the movie Son of Sardaar. The song became a hit and Bhavya received appreciation from the audience.

Kailash Kher is an Indian pop-rock singer with a music style influenced by Indian folk music. He has sung in 20 languages for Indian films, and in over 5000 songs for Bollywood.He has won Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the Bollywood movie Fanaa (2007), and has also won Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Telugu for the film Mirchi.

Comments

  1. Ah my goodness!!! So beautifully put together... it just touches one's heart!!! .... Just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for this. Really beautiful explanation. Do you have it in Hindi character?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking Mr. Karim, I could not find lyrics in Hindi Characters.sorry for that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maye Ni Maye Mere Geetan de Nainaan Vich - Lyrics in Urdu, Gurmukhi and English meaning

DIL HOOM HOOM KARE....Dr. Bhupen Hazarika, and Lata Mangeshkar

NAYYARA NOOR .. AE ISHQ HAMEIN BARBAD NA KAR .. Madhubala Dilip Kumar